Tuesday, November 30, 2004

The Office Christmas Party

The secret of life is a quality blog entry. As you can see, I'm still searching...

Office Xmas Party
Well, the memo came around today. Our office Christmas party is going to be Tuesday, Decemeber 21st. It's going to be in Decatur this year, so that's new. If you would like to accompany me, please send an email, including a photo of yourself (if I don't know what you look like), and at least two references who can verify that it is indeed you in the photo. Winner will be selected on a first come, first (attractive) served basis.

Seriously, I have noticed several blogs discussing this topic recently. The office holiday party. I will most likely go to mine... more than likely by myself. It's not a huge deal to me. Are you going to yours? Is your going dependent on whether or not you have a date?

The Oprah recap
I watched the Seinfeld cast on Oprah yesterday. It was OK. My only complaint was it was 75% Jerry Seinfeld and 25% the show. They brought out Jerry first, then talked to his wife a bit. Jason Alexander didn't come out until like 25 minutes in, and Michael Richards didn't come out until like 40 minutes into the show. But, I'll take what I can get. It's not like I'm not going to watch. Besides, it was good just to see the big four together one more time.

I think as a rule, it is just difficult, painful even, for a guy to watch Oprah. I don't know what it is, but there's some undefinable quality about that show that just makes me want to change the channel. That was the first time I've watched Oprah in a long, long time. Well, that is, if you don't count last week when Barry Manilow was on there. What?! So I enjoy hearing him sing "Mandy." Is that so wrong? It's a good song.

The rest of the day, I did a little laundry. Ran to Jack's to get some dinnah. I saw Tammy S. there. I have not seen her since probably 1998 or something. It was definitely in the pre-Atlanta era anyway. I think I may have to write an entry soon about the whole '99 Atlanta trip.

"Well you came and you gave without taking, but I sent you away, oh Mandy. Well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking, and I need you today, oh Mandy..."

1 comment:

  1. Our office Xmas party is where it usually is. Many people are not happy with that, but I'll be going. I have a permanent date, so that's not a concern, either :)

    kerry [at] webgrits [dot] net

    ReplyDelete