Thursday, November 25, 2004

Back To The Future

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! "Gobble gobble goo, and gobble gobble gickel. I wish turkey only cost a nickel."

The Return of Steve-O
Well, lots of people are home for the holidays, so that means there's lots more to do this week. Last night after church, I was going to go shoot pool with Kyle, but the band playing at The Brick was charging a $7 cover charge. So we did a walk out and decided to just go eat. Bunny called my cell phone and decided she was going to join us. We went to Ruby Tuesday. Bunny showed up and we all caught up on what's been going on. I had not seen her in probably close to a year. Also ran into Lee and Roy (flux capacitor boy) up there. Well, the first thing Lee says to Roy is, "This is Jeff. Doesn't he look just like Steve-O?" Wow, I haven't heard that one in a few months. So the entire rest of the night, he refers to me as Steve-O. And later, I would start referring to him as Pontius.

It's 2 AM, I must be... sleepy
After we left RT's, the five of us decided to meet up in Huntsville at the Jazz Factory. Shot several games of pool. There was a lone musician playing a guitar. Each song he played lasted about 30 minutes. The entire time we were there he played 3 songs, I think. Seriouslah. Finally, around 1:00 AM, I was starting to hallucinate from the coke I had because I was so tired. I was starting to see things like two girls dancing with each other. So it was time to leave. What? ("That's probably how lesbianism began. No guys would ask any girls to dance, so they had to resort to dancing with each other.") We parted ways. Bunny, K, and I headed towards home, while Lee and Roy went over to Humphrey's... or back to 1985. One or the other. Kyle's gas light was on, so we stopped at like 3 places on the way that were all closed and their pumps were off. Finally, we found a place open. Bunny was afraid to go in alone so I decided to be a man and since I was the only man available, I went in with her. ("Yes officer, I believe his name was Ahmaal and the symbol for boron. I had a copy of the periodic chart with me at the time. I'm fairly certain it was not manganese.") I got home a little after 2:00.

Back to the future?
When someone in the group has a flux capacitor on their vehicle, conversation will almost always eventually turn to "Back To The Future," if only for a moment. We were discussing this, if you really could go back in time, let's say just to another point in your life, where would you go and what would you change? Hmmm, interesting. Think about that one.

Random humorous utterings
"How far is heaven?"
"Pretty far with the websites I've been visiting."

"You guys want to go to Huntsville?"
"Uh, no, but we would like to hitch a ride back to 1999, if possible."

"You could be married right now."
"Yep. If I had only been more patient."
"Then I'd be sitting here by myself."
"Uh, I think you would've been dead long ago."

"I would give anything if I had..."
"A girlfriend? A life? A date?"
"No. I would give anything if I had video of that conversation we had on the way from New York to Virginia."

"Eat that turkey all night long. Fifty million Elvis fans can't be wrong. Turkey lurkey doo and turkey lurkey dap. I eat that turkey, then I take a nap..."

1 comment:

  1. excellent recap. I also enjoyed the nightly funnies, as I know all of our other readers do. We definately have a future in the comedy arena.... even if it is on the local cable access channel.

    ReplyDelete