Friday, November 12, 2004

The bank story and Ron Artest

11 days until the DVD about nothing arrives. Gggggggggggghhhhh!!

I went to the bank yesterday...
I pulled in, and there was a lady outside emptying the trash. Odd, I thought. There was only one car in the parking lot, but it's never very crowded. So I pull on around to the drive-thru and notice that the lights which signify which lanes are open/closed weren't working. 'Man, this bank's going to pot,' I thought. I get up to the window and there are no tellers inside. Very weird. It was about five seconds later that I realized it was Veterans Day and that my bank was closed. So I quickly pulled away hoping no one saw me.

You see the types of things that happen to me? On a good note, I "rolled thru" a stop sign today on my way back from the store. The instant I turned, there was a cop passing by going the opposite way. Fortunately, he did not stop me. Whew. At work, my computer got confiscated. (No, not by the FBI.) It was sick, so they took it to the doctor. On a somewhat related note, I may be looking for a job soon. What?

Eat Mor Chikin
Shot pool and ate at Applebees last night. Saw several people we knew at The Brick. Christmas Open House was going on downtown or something so it was pretty crowded. Got an unexpected phone call while I was there. Don't you love those? Applebees was deader than Al Gore's political career. Seriouslah. I'm not sure what's going on (although I have a pretty good idea). Derrick was up there, but he was gone before we had a chance to talk to him about the TV thing. About the best part of the night was the absence of any leather.

I don't believe I'd have told that
I haven't watched one minute of an NBA game this year, but I do watch SportsCenter. Apparently, the oft-troubled Ron Artest, who plays for the Pacers, did something that caused the team to suspend him for two games. So they're showing him being interviewed the other day and some reporter asks him, "Your coach said you compromised the integrity of the team. How do you respond to that?" Artest replies, "I don't know what that means...... I need to find a dictionary... I don't even know what integrity means." Exactly.

"Nobody on the road, nobody on the beach. I feel it in the air, the summer's out of reach. Empty lake, empty streets, the sun goes down alone. I'm drivin' by your house. No, no, you're not home..."

No comments:

Post a Comment