Saturday, November 13, 2004

But it's Saturday...

I was lying in bed this morning when the phone rang. Had to go into work to straighten out some computer problems. Long story, but you know how some people seem to have a lot of technical knowledge, but absolutely no common sense? Yes, well that's the guy who works on our computers. He removed one of the computers from our network yesterday. Well, the more I thought about things, the more I became concerned that some problems were going to arise today. So I call the guy yesterday and tell him what I thought, and as per usual, he talks to me like I have no clue what I'm talking about, and says everything should be fine. So, what happens? Major problems. So I have to drag out of bed and drive into work on Saturday to remedy his error. Where is he? Probably sitting on his 250 pound tail eating Doritos and playing some online video game. I mean, this is the same guy who was trying to back up everything last year and lost about 40% of our files. Yet somehow it's never his fault. Yes, I've put in my opinion that we use someone else, but no one listens to me. OK, I had to get that out.

On to other things... I dozed off yesterday about 5:00. Kyle called about 8:30 and woke me up wanting to head over to Huntsville. Now 8:30 is pretty late for me to start out for the evening, but I was rested. So we went to eat. Katie and Heather were working, so that was nice. Then it was off to the Jazz Factory to shoot some pool. It wasn't too crowded. Something must have been going on elsewhere, and oddly, I wasn't told about it.

Looks like some options are shaping up for New Year's Eve:
1)Get a group of people and spend the weekend at the lake house (or the house that's within five miles of a lake).
2)Fly to Mt. St. Helen's, camp out, and ring in the New Year with some natural fireworks. (Maybe that should be option 1).

"Whatever happend to sitcoms, game shows? On the radio was Springsteen, Madonna. Way before Nirvana, there was U2 and Blondie, and music still on MTV..."

3 comments:

  1. Hey, brad and jenn are back...lol....let me know if these things are stupid or if you at least get something out of them.
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys. Thanks for the comments. I guess I'll have to go check out the latest installment of "Living Next Door To Brad & Jenn" right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for Mt St Helens for NY.

    ReplyDelete