Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Morning Guy vs. Night Guy

What I've learned so far
Well, as you might imagine, I'm happier than Martha Stewart on landscaping day at the women's correctional facility. Giddier than Michael Jackson on field trip day at Neverland. I am LOVING the Seinfeld DVDs! They are planning to release subsequent seasons every six months. So Season 4, with "The Contest", "The Outing", and other classics, is supposed to be here by Summer 2005. Here are a few things I've learned so far:

- An earthquake interrupted the filming of one early episode. Not being from California, Jason Alexander said he'd always heard to stand in a doorway. So while everyone else ran off the stage, he stood in the doorway of the set, with no roof and lights hanging everywhere above him.
- Julia, whose Elaine character was not included in the pilot, has never seen that episode. She's superstitious about it now, and will not watch it.
- Kramer is called Kessler in the first episode. He also has a dog in the first episode that never reappears again in the series.

Night Guy/Morning Guy
I wish I could find the bit Seinfeld does about this. It's so true. I have been telling myself for months now that I need to start going to bed sooner, but still I usually don't end up getting into bed until at least 11:30 or 12:00. Having to get up at 5:30, I'm tired every morning, all day at work, and then when I get home. But still I continue to stay up late. Night guy thinks there's something he might miss if he goes to sleep too early. He doesn't care that morning guy will be more exhausted than a lone Siberian Husky after pulling Roseanne Barr across Alaska in the Iditarod. That's morning guy's problem. No. Night guy wants to watch TV. Someone might get online. Someone might call. I've got time. I'm not tired. Who needs sleep anyway? I'll be fine.

The Van B Boys
This episode was on last night. George has some great lines:
"Every group has someone that they all make fun of. Like us with Elaine."

And then he's interviewing students for the scholarship or whatever:
"What's your favorite animal?"
"Uh. Frog?"
"Frog? Frog is wrong!"

Fun With Quotations
"Bring me a long neck!! Or whatever you call them... then show me how to open it."

"This is the last holiday season I spend alone... or with an English-speaking woman."

"Do you have internet?"
"Yes, but my keyboard and mouse don't work."
"Well, I guess that makes surfing a little tough, huh? What do you have, touch screen or something?

"They said you're in charge of bringing the turkey."
"Uh, well if it doesn't easily fit into a George Foreman grill, there could be a problem."

"Immobilized by the thought of you. Paralyzed by the sight of you. Hypnotized by the words you say. Not true, but I believe anyway..."

No comments:

Post a Comment