Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Fun With Spyware

...Some of my favorite times were when we would go on road trips, to the beach, to an amusement park, or to a ballgame. We might be five hundred miles away from home, but we were always at home as long as we were together. And to look over at her in the car and see that she had fallen asleep, that is truly one of the most precious gifts a man could ever hope to receive. I would wonder what she was dreaming about, and I would think how cool it was that she trusted me and felt completely safe with me. That is a wonderful feeling...

Fun With Spyware
Wow, I have spent the larger part of the past two afternoons trying to get my computer straightened out. It apparently has not been defragmented since the Carter administration, and I've been trying to get rid of hundreds of objects of spyware. There is still something hijacking the browser though when I click on a certain link and taking me to a search page. I tell you what, I'm about to hijack something. Help.

Monday TV Funhouse... TV Funhouse
I had planned to stay in last night due to several things coming on TV that I wanted to catch. Well, Dallas got creamed by the Eagles on MNF. I watched a bit of the Maria Sharapova/Serena Williams tennis match. Maria won!! We celebrated last night... I celebrated here and she celebrated wherever she was. Then Seinfeld was on Letterman last night. I know, I didn't get around to telling you beforehand. I meant to, but computer problems kept me from blogging much. I hope you caught it anyway. Some good standup, of course, with just a mention of the DVDs (which are just a week away). That was one of the best Late Shows I have seen though. Alle Coulter broke out into his own rendtion of GNR's "November Rain" in the middle of the show. lol That was great. The top ten was Top Ten Colin Powell Complaints. The only one I can remember is "George Bush repeatedly asking which state are you secretary of." :-D

Do you remember your first...
...computer? An IBM? Please. Commodore? Apple? Nice, but I probably still got you beat. Mine was a high-tech TRS-80 from Radio Shack, featuring cassette tape storage. No monitor, just hook her into a television set. The original web TV... without the web. I remember it came with a little programming booklet, because well, you had to write a program before it would do anything other than type. And to save my programs, which I only did like a couple of times, I would hook up a portable cassette player and save them on a cassette tape. No monitor. No printer. It was hardcore. Those were the days.

The funnies
J: "Man, this year has flown by."
K: "Another year, no dates."

"How much do you pay for your domain?"
"$120 a year, or so."
"Wow, that's like two tanks of gas."

"Now I'm starting to see, maybe it's got nothing to do with me. Fathers, be good to your daughters. Daughters will love like you do..."

No comments:

Post a Comment