Friday, May 13, 2005

Frisbees and tankinis

Well, boys and girls, I'm off to the beach! I'm trading in my tennis shoes for some sandals and heading down to Gulf Shores for the weekend. I can't wait feel the warm ocean breeze and bury my feet in the sand. There's always that old familiar feeling when I get there. It's like the ocean is asking me why I've been away for so long. Always feels like comin' home.

I'll leave you with a beach flashback from 3 or 4 years ago. Shane and I were throwing frisbee on the beach, and we were probably about twenty-five yards away from each other. After awhile, I threw it and it started heading directly for this couple who were walking down the beach. It was like the entire thing was happening in slow motion. It was heading directly for them, like a heat-sinking missile and I could tell there was no way it was going to miss them. They didn't see it at all, because they were a good ten to fifteen yards off to the right of Shane. Well, at the last minute it began to sink. The girl was carrying a camera, and it was dangling on a strap from her left hand. Amazingly, the frisbee clipped the camera, knocking it right out of her hand without touching her. Well, my first thought was... lawsuit. But they were cool about it and everything turned out OK. Whew!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll try and bring back some pictures, and maybe a new girlfriend... or just some pictures. Whichever.


"Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the girls are pretty. Take me home..."

1 comment:

  1. Have a wonderful beach vacation! And, good luck on the pictures and uh, girlfriend stuff. :-)

    Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete