Friday, May 20, 2005

Comfortable shoes

Cheers!
Twelve years ago today (May 20, 1993), the final episode of Cheers aired. It was viewed by an estimated 93 million people. (Isn't that how many miles it is to the sun? Coincidence? I think not.) I can't remember for sure, but I think I watched it with Alison. I was very sad. I was a big Cheers fan. I didn't think I'd ever get over it. However, I had begun watching Seinfeld, and soon, I would grow to love it even more than Cheers. Oddly, that sorta serves as a metaphor for my love life... although I'm not quite sure how. Sounded like a good thing to say. Anyway, if you'll recall near the end of the finale, they are talking about the meaning of life. Cliff says it's comfortable shoes. Norm says it's to find your one true love, whether it's a person, place, or thing. I'm not sure what my point was. Oh well.

Preservation of the species
Found out yesterday that one of my good friends and his wife are expecting their second child. Due in November. It will be their second in fourteen months. Apparently, when we were chasing hotties in high school, I failed to share some vital information with him. I called him to congratulate him yesterday, and he said something about a godfather. My cell signal sorta crackled right at that moment, so I'm not sure exactly what it was. I'm sure it was nothing important.

Run a mile in my shoes
Ran a mile yesterday. Played some tennis. Had dinner at Applebees. This dude next to me starts talking to me and turns out he works for Petty Enterprises. So we start talking NASCAR. I expressed my concerns about the frequent knee-jerk rules changes and the convenient mysterious debris cautions, so I'm sure you'll be seeing some changes soon.

I have a race tomorrow. I think I have decided to run the 2-mile run, because of my knee problems and the gangrene on my foot. I know it's wussy, but I figure it's better to finish the 2 mile than have to stop and take the decrepit runner bus back to the start/finish line in the 10K.

Amy called to tell me about a card game tomorrow night in Arley. lol Wow. Will I drive an hour just for something to do? We shall see.

"Now that I know what I'm trying to find, there's only one place it could be. So I'm lookin' ahead. I've stopped lookin' behind for someone who's lookin' for me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment