Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Office Party Recap (and more)

One of the absolute best things about this time of the year to me is the look in a child's eyes when they see Santa Claus or even when you just mention him. It's awesome.

The first gift
Well, the office Christmas party was last night. It wasn't too bad. There were several single guys there. No single girls. But at least... eh, whatever. Saw some of the guys I played softball with this fall. They were all asking and joking about my ankle. I received my first gift of the holiday season. They always draw numbers and give away six or seven small gifts. Last night was my first time in three years to get one. It was a very heavy angel wall-hangy-thing, with a hook on it that one of the girls there told me was to hang my stocking on. It'll go great with the absolutely nothing that is currently on the wall of my apartment. Come to think of it, actually it was my second gift. The first was a gift card to Parisian's that I got yesterday morning.

Shop, shop, shop
Went to the mall after that. Picked up a couple more gifts. Gave Kyle a call, but he'd apparently had a rather severe shaving mishap. I remember the words "spurting", "jugglar", and the phrases "getting dim" and "lost a lot of blood" during the conversation. The cute Hickory Farms lady was working, so I oogled... over the sausages and cheese. Well, I guess Kyle somehow got stitched up, because he, Jeremy, Lee, and I wound up at Applebees. Tonya finally broke down and revealed the deep, dark secrets of Leatherman. As she said, "He has a basement, and you don't want to go in it."

"It's pronounced, thermometer"
I bought a pedometer yesterday at Wal-Mart for like four bucks. Well, I decided to use my new svelte ankle brace and go running yesterday, and try out the pedometer. Well it was my very first time to ever use one, so I was just going to test it and see how accurate it was. I just went for a short run and when I got done, the pedometer read 1.43 miles. So last night, before I came home, I drove the route in my truck and the odometer read 1.4 miles. Pretty close for my first time. I had set my stride length at 42 inches. So apparently, that's pretty accurate. Exciting stuff, huh?

"It's the most wonderful time of the year, with the kids jingle-belling, and everyone telling you, be of good cheer. It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

No comments:

Post a Comment