Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Birthday hugs for everyone!

Three-oh
Well tonight was a ton o' fun. Had dinner at Logan's after church. I told Shanna that Thursday is Kyle's 30th birthday, so they did their little thing, then she came over and gave him a surprise wrap-around bear hug (SWABH) from behind. I'm sure he enjoyed that. It was right around this time that I decided it might be to my advantage to joke that it was my birthday, too. What can I say? I'm just a huggy person. Discussed New Year's Eve plans with Shane and Bunny... or just Shane, since Bunny didn't answer her phone.

Eagle Eye
Here is an interesting incident that has happened twice in the past few weeks:
I open my wallet to get out money to pay for my meal. A waitress is standing there and says something to the effect of "Oooo, big bills," referring to a $100 bill in the back of my wallet. Now, I only have my wallet open for maybe five seconds, and the big bills are in back, yet still they manage to spot it, like a freakin' hawk. And the thing is, it was a different waitress both times. Hmmm...

Cowboy Way
Woodson Retires
Dallas Cowboys' safety Darren Woodson announced his retirement Wednesday, after 13 seasons with the team. Woodson retires as the all-time leading tackler in franchise history. He spent his entire career with one team. How rare is that? Woodson was one of the last links to the Cowboys' glory days of the 1990's. That was a time when almost every position in the Dallas lineup boasted a household name... Troy, Emmitt, Irvin, Moose, Novacek, etc. Woodson may never have achieved quite the status of those players, but there is a good reason the Cowboys never let him go. The last few years have not been an easy time for Cowboy fans (or Reds fans, Bulls fans, and Bama fans... ugh), but Woodson never once failed to display the class and professionalism he displayed throughout his career. He will be missed, by the Cowboys and the NFL.

Dialogue
"I got ESPN College Hoops 2K5 for Christmas."
"I believe that is what my 12-year-old nephew got."

"Are you working New Year's Eve?"
"Well, I'll probably pick up a shift, since I don't have anything else to do."

"I had the burrito especiál."
"So... was it especiál?"

"If you search for tenderness, it isn't hard to find. You can have the love you need to live. But if you look for truthfulness, you might just as well be blind. It always seems to be so hard to give..."

2 comments: