Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Nocturnal Phantasm #1204B

I was dreaming when I wrote this. I think I may start titling my dreams. I'll call this one "The Invisible, Seemingly Harmless Cat-Burglar."

Let me preface this by saying that twice in the past few months I have come home to find the front door to my apartment standing about halfway open. And now I have dreamed at least twice that someone has been in my apartment. The most recent of these dreams occurred last night. My memories of it are fading fast, but here's what I remember:

This dream seems very real, because it starts with me in bed, which I actually am, of course. I see a light coming from the living room. So I get up to go see what it is. The Christmas tree lights are on! I know very well that I have turned them off, but I think that maybe I have forgotten. I look around and see nothing else amiss and go back to bed. The remainder of the dream, similar things continue to happen. A door is opened, the faucet is turned on, the dryer is started, and on and on. I know someone has to be inside the apartment, but I can never see them. And I keep looking for something that might have been stolen, but any valuables I can think of are still there. Again, the freakiest thing about this dream is how it seems so real. The last time I "wake up" in the dream, it is like 5:00 AM, and I think about calling my Dad to see if he will get up and drive over there.

Anyway, whenever I wake up for real, I immediately look to my bedroom door to see if I can see the Christmas tree lights shining from the living room. Fortunately, I don't see them. Whew! These dreams are really wearing me out.

"He says so many times I've tried to call. You'd think it's been a lifetime. It's been two years since I've seen you, but it seems just like no time's gone by at all..."

No comments:

Post a Comment