Friday, August 13, 2004

Work Week Postlude

How come you only hear of a prelude and an interlude? You never hear anything about a postlude.

Well the Abercrombie Ten suffered a humiliating defeat last night in game two of the 2004 fall league season, losing 21-4 in four innings. I reached on an error in the first and scored one of the four runs, then popped out in the third. Terrible. They had me batting cleanup. That definitely did not go quite how I envisioned it. A lady from work and her husband came to watch, so after the game we all went to eat at Red House Grille. It was cajun night. Uh huh, uh huh, I know that's right, I know that's right. Uh huh. Uh huh.

Moving on... Jessica really surprised me Wednesday by baking cupcakes and bringing them by. They were really good. She also brought me a plate of spaghetti she had fixed. It was completely out of the blue. Man, I just wish I knew how to tell if a girl likes me or not. Perhaps this week's events will serve as an epiphany.

I watched the last half of "Monk" on USA Wednesday night. Have any of you ever watched that show? That was my first time to see it. I found it quite enjoyable. So let me get this straight, that's the same guy who was on Wings, right? Antonio Scarpacci, or whatever? And the ep Wednesday had the guy from Just Shoot Me, the guy who plays Elliot. At least I think that was him. Also saw an episode of Elimidate with four 50-something women competing for this guy's attention. Wow, that was kinda gross right there, especially when they started doing body shots. I tell you what, watching something like that will really make you want to be married before you reach that age. Oh! The best part of all was that one lady asked the guy what kind of bike he had and he said that he had a hog. Well, one of the other ladies had no freakin' clue that meant a Harley. So when they do the little interview inserts or whatever, she's going on and on about how she'd like to go on his farm and meet his hog. She's all like, I've never really spent anytime on the farm, but I would like to try and spend time with his animals. She was dead serious. That, my friends, is hilarity.

I enjoyed the old school SportsCenters this week, too. I missed Kilborn, but did catch part of Greg Gumbel and George Grande. Do you ever wish you could go back to those early days of George Grande, Tom Mees, Bob Ley, etc.? Life was so much simpler then, waking up in the morning watching Gilad and Denise Austin's fitness workouts. (Just watching, not doing.) Eh, maybe it's just me. When I was young, I used to pretend I was a SportsCenter anchor. I would write out games and scores and read them. Then I'd mark out those scores and write in updated ones and give them. But much like an old, overwashed tshirt, those dreams faded.

Sorry I haven't posted a whole lot lately. Work has been busy and Tuesday-Thursday is always busy for me anyway. Hope you all have a great weekend! Forecast here, Sunny today. High 75. Clear tonight. Low 50. Are you kidding me?! Nice!

"If you search for tenderness, it isn't hard to find. You can have the love you need to live. But if you look for truthfulness, you might just as well be blind. It always seems to be so hard to give. Honesty, is such a lonely word. Everyone is so untrue..."

No comments:

Post a Comment