Wednesday, August 11, 2004

A Hard One To Swallow (Game One)

The Abercrombie Blue Bombers (I just made up that nickname) lost a heartbreaking 15-14 decision on opening night Tuesday, blowing an early 8-1 lead. It was a tough loss for the entire team, truly a hard one to swallow. The Bombers crept ahead 13-12 in the top of the sixth, but their opponents pushed across a run in the bottom of the inning to tie it up. Again in the top of the 7th, the Bombers scored a run to lead 14-13, but it would not hold up. A heartbreaker.

I reached base twice, scoring both times, and flied out twice. Not a great day. He had me batting third and playing left. I did OK in the field, had one assist at second, but I also had a two-base throwing error, allowing a guy to go from first to third when I overshot the second baseman. Oops. Most importantly, it was fun and I'm looking forward to the season. OK, well not most importantly. Most importantly, we lost. My shoulder actually did not hurt as bad as it did the last time I played, two years ago. It hurt, but if the pain was a ten two years ago, this was more like a six or a seven. I have altered my throwing motion to come straight over the top, because that doesn't seem to aggravate it quite as bad as going three-quarters. I also throw side-armed whenever possible, but that's more for when I'm just lobbing it in. Oh, Mom did come to the game. I had one put out and when I caught it, I heard her screaming all the way out in left field. Well, that's about it. Hopefully things will go better Thursday. I'm sure this has all been very interesting to you.

BTW, check out Deanna's journal for the details of her dream about me. lol FYI, she refers to me as "Jeffrow."

"He was always there to help her. She always belonged to someone else. I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more..."

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't win your first game. I am sure everyone was a little nervous and that is what caused some screw ups. I know you are great and I am sure you will lead your team to victory next game. You will be fully supported because I will be there =) If you think your mom can do some yellin', you just wait mister. Maybe we can get to the batting cages soon and I'll show you how it's done ha ha, luv ya =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the poster above. I look forward to your next game on THursday night. With the both of us there cheering you on, things should go much better.

    I hope the next game is closer to Decatur so I don't have to drive to far.

    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think nerves played a role. Hopefully, anyway. Look forward to seeing you at the game, if any of you get a chance to come.

    PS - Jer, sorry to hear about your fish :-(

    ReplyDelete