Monday, August 30, 2004

Ronald McDonald for President

Well I finally got my shoe on. All by myself. I feel like I'm four years old or something. There was extreme pain and hurtation, however, trying to squeeze my now-size-14 foot into my size 12 shoe. It may be a day or two before I can wear it all day. But still. Now if I can only learn to tie them.

Something occurred this morning at work which I found a bit humorous. I had pulled in and was getting out to unlock the gate, because as I've referenced before, it's like getting into Fort Knox, or at least the Branch Davidian compound (not that I would know what that is like). This guy just stops in the road behind my car, no stop sign, intersection or anything, just stops in the road. He rolls down his window and yells with a bit of a laugh, "I heard them saying you'd hurt your leg!!" I said, "Yeah!" Then he pulls off. I just found that funny. I have no idea who it was.

Looks like it's a good thing we didn't end up in New York this weekend, as I watched some of the protests and marches going on up there on C-Span. There must have been hundreds of thousands of people there... well, in addition to the usual 10 million or so. I was trying to pick out some of the more creative anti-Bush signs. There were a couple of good ones. Tell me why does this happen: Someone calls and asks what you're doing. You say, "Just watching C-Span." Immediately, they start to laugh. Why is that? I don't understand. I tell you one thing, I never did understand why someone was carrying a giant Ronald McDonald statue down the street during the demonstrations. What is that supposed to mean? Are they comparing Bush to Ronald McDonald? Are they saying vote for Ronald, he'd be better than Bush? I dunno. Personally, as an RM fan myself, I don't think Ronald should get involved in the political forum.

Well, I am looking forward to watching Dallas tonight on MNF, even if it is preseason. It will be good to get a look at the team. Of course, I may have to take a break around 8:00 to watch Justine Bateman: E! True Hollywood Story, as I am sure many of you will be doing as well.

"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell. I know right now you can't tell. But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see, a different side of me..."

1 comment: