Monday, August 16, 2004

Cajuns and Umbrellas

Did you know that up until the 1800's, only women used umbrellas? It was effiminate. That's why even to this day, I do not use an umbrella, unless occasionally if I am walking next to a girl, which is rare anyway, so... What? I am reminded of many trips to Nashville when it is raining and K and I choose to run thru the streets like Mel Gibson and Danny Glover rather than carry an umbrella. That also reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry is talking about how he used to sell umbrellas on the street back in the day:
Jerry: "It's the twirling that dazzles the eye."
George: "I find it disorienting."

OK, enough about 'brellas. For some reason this past week, I've been cutting off the first syllables of words and adding -izzle to everything, because I want to be dope and cool, you know, let everyone know that I'm down with the latest lingizzle. However, it appears most of my friends only find it annoying. Supizzle with that?

The girl and I went to Huntsville Saturday night and had dinner at Tim's Cajun Kitchen. Mmmmmmm!! I luh dat place. I love cajun food, just about anything and everything, except I'm not sure about that tasso. I just pick around it. I think I could have been a cajun, if things had worked out differently. But alas, I am here. Anyway, after that we rented 50 First Dates, with Sandler and Drew Barrymore. The movie was really good, not too predictable. A good date movie. But the best part of all was that the first preview on the DVD was for the Seinfeld DVD's! (Marv Albert voice) Yes! Later on, we're watching City Confidential or American Justice or one of those shows on A&E that intrigue me so. So then Sunday, Jessica tells me she dreamed that I got shot. She was all upset and stuff, but it was so sweet though. I guess no more A&E before bed.

Had dinner last night at Ruby Tuesday's. It was so-so. A Night At The Roxbury was on TV, so I watched that for the first time. Pretty good stuff:
"What's up? What's up? What's up? What's up? What's up?"
"Steve, slow down."
"I can't help it man, it's hottie overload."
"Just pace yourself."
"OK. What's up? 2, 3, 4. What's up? 2, 3, 4..."

"Yeah, and maybe we should just go to college, and not put gel in our hair, and start wearing blue jeans. Let's do that, Steve!"
"Sorry."

WOOOOOOOOOO!!! Hottie overload. We've all been there. What? In other news, I'm really closing in on getting a new PC. The UNIVAC completely died one day last week, and it took me a few hours to resuscitate it. That has happened multiple times in the past few months. Talked to Bunny Saturday for the first time in about a year. She was bracing for Hurricane Charley, taking an "if it's meant to be" attitude, which I can understand. I think it had really weakened by the time it got to VA though.

In closing, here is my new blogging plan for the last quarter of 2004. I ripped this off from the underpants gnomes:
Phase 1: Blog daily.
Phase 2: ???
Phase 3: Profit.

"Every other day, every other day, every other day of the week is fine, yeah. But when every Monday comes, but when every Monday comes, you can find me cryin' all of the time. Monday, Monday, can't trust that day. Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way..."

3 comments:

  1. OKAY, I have bone to pick with you..no pun intended!

    FIRST, you use "luh" which is myyyy word..then then THEN..you go and sing Monday, Monday--which is like a direct link to Wilson Phillips (because the late John, and Michelle are Chynna's parents) and they also covered the song on their new cover album *gasp*

    Line stealer...*sings* Somebody wants to be like meeeeeeeeee.(:

    It's otay, I still luh ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (sing)Sometimes I dream, that she was me. You got to know that's how I dream to be...(/end sing)

    I can assure you that I go to no extra lengths to make any references, hidden or otherwise, to Wilson Phillips in my blog (:

    I created "luh" in 1989. I have just been waiting for it to catch on, so I can cash in... or not. OK, I did copy your backwards smiley ;-) Couldn't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SMILIE SNATCHER!!

    YOu can't prove you started Luh then, b/c I started it myself as well..so seperately, I'm still right..lol.
    That's just 10 different kinda wrongs...
    *takes smilie back* Now, next time you steal something of mine, I'm gonna use my Tai Bo on you. (:

    Dea

    ReplyDelete