Friday, April 29, 2005

Two of my favorites

So, I posted almost the exact same thing last year on this date. So what.

Michelle Pfeiffer is 47 today. She is the best. Did you know... both she and I worked at a supermarket earlier in our careers? Of course, from that point, our lives took vastly different paths. But oh well, if circumstances had been different, if I had been a little older, wiser, who knows? I may have taken that promotion to meat cutter all those years ago.

And Jerry Seinfeld is 51 today. I don't have to tell you how much we have in common. Or how little. Whichever. We both obviously enjoy the challenge of remaining single as long as humanly possible while still being able to attract a somewhat attractive female.

I'll leave you with Jerry's monologue on birthdays from The Visa:

"Birthdays are merely symbolic of how another year has gone by and how little we've grown. No matter how desperate we are that someday a better self will emerge, with each flicker of the candles on the cake, we know it's not to be. That for the rest of our sad, wretched, pathetic lives, this is who we are to the bitter end, inevitably, irrevocably. Happy birthday? No such thing."

1 comment:

  1. Michelle said she didn't think that was very funny ;-)

    ReplyDelete