Monday, April 18, 2005

Minutial observations

(Movie preview guy voice) "Coming this fall: He already has two kids, but the third one is gonna blow your mind. Starring Britney Spears as herself. Kevin Federline IS The Impregginator. Rated R. Expected due date, September 2005. Special preview and sneak peek ultrasound coming soon to a National Enquirer near you."

Interesting observations
- This was in the documentation that came with my antibiotic last week: "This medication may pass into breask milk. Therefore, consult your doctor before breast-feeding." Hmm, that's nice to know. Is that warning intended for the mother, or the baby, or me?

- There is a sign with like five or six rules which hangs in the front window of Bumpers, where I go to play pool from time to time. One of the rules is: "No soiled clothing allowed." Is there a big problem with people missing pool shots and soiling themselves?

- So I'm watching CNN and you know how they have the stream running across the bottom of the screen with the latest news headlines. Well, I see this: "Earthquake strikes San Francisco. Kills more than 700. Ignites widespread fires." And I'm thinking, why the crap aren't they covering this, instead of running Crossfire? That is following by ", this date in 1906." Sheesh, they really shouldn't do that to me.

My weekend
Had dinner with some friends Friday night at the Barrell of Crack. Then watched the movie, Napoleon Dynamite. It was a little odd, but funny in parts. I worked Saturday until 1:00. Bunny was home from Virginia, so we met up with her and Cassie and went over to Bumpers (aka Bubba's) to shoot pool. We played teams, and Cassie was pretty good, so she and I won most of the games. Yesterday, I was dying, so I came home from church, did laundry, and spent a good bit of time in bed. I don't know what's going on, but I may have to go back to the doctor. We'll see.

Oh, before I go, actress Hayley Mills is 59 today. Happy birthday, Miss Bliss!

I think the Reds are on ESPN tonight. You have no idea how happy that maketh me. OK, now back to Gilmore Girls.

"And I don't understand why I sleep all day, and I start to complain that there's no rain. And all I can do is read a book to stay awake, and it rips my life away, but it's a great escape..."

No comments:

Post a Comment