Sunday, April 03, 2005

Play ball!

Opening Day and the Final Four in the same weekend? Are you kiddin' me?! I'm lovin' it. Sittin' here watching the Yankees and Red Sox kicking off the 2005 Season. Joe Morgan is the best baseball commentator by far. Oh, Matsui just reached over the fence and robbed Millar of a homer! This is great. Opening day, the weather is getting warmer, the days are getting longer. I really get into baseball for the first month or two. Then comes June when my beloved Reds almost without fail begin to fade, and I lose interest until the playoffs. But not this year... hopefully.

I'm playing fantasy baseball this year for the first time in 3 or 4 years. Our draft was today. I had the first pick and I went with Pujols. (Note to self: ALWAYS check the disabled list BEFORE beginning a fantasy league draft.) Here is my roster...

C Paul Loduca (Marlins)
C Jason Larue (Reds)
1B Albert Pujols (Cardinals)
2B Tony Womack (Yankees)
2B Jose Vidro (Nationals)
SS Derek Jeter (Yankees)
3B Casey Blake (Indians)
3B Ryan Freel (Reds)
OF Adam Dunn (Reds)
OF Larry Walker (Cardinals)
OF Scott Posednik (White Sox)
OF Raul Ibanez (Mariners)
OF Lance Berkman (Astros)
SP Jason Schmidt (Giants)
SP Freddy Garcia (White Sox)
SP Oliver Perez (Pirates)
SP Eric Milton (Reds)
SP Ted Lilly (Blue Jays)
RP Francisco Cordero (Rangers)
RP LaTroy Hawkins (Cubs)
RP Joe Borowski (Cubs)
[+/-]view/done

Otherwise this weekend... Friday night, we went bowling and shot pool. I was off Saturday. Mom fixed birthday dinner for my sister's husband, so I went over there for lunch. Otherwise, watched the Final Four. The games were not nearly as exciting as the Elite 8 last weekend, but tomorrow night's championship game should be exciting. And yes, I picked UNC and Illinois to make the championship game. And I picked UNC to win. So, we shall see.

The apple incident
Went to Wal-Mart late last night. I got a shopping cart with a bad wheel, so you could basically hear me across the entire store. As I was checking out, I had selected two shiny Granny Smith apples, and had put them in the little produce bag. Well, the cashier can't get them to ring up. She tries probably fifteen times or more. She takes the clear plastic cover off the scanner and tries to clean it. Finally, she's just like, "I'm sorry, I can't get these to scan." So, I'm thinking, what does that mean, I get them for free? No, apparently, it means that I can't purchase any delicious Granny Smith apples on this evening. So she sets them off to the side and I don't get my apples. I don't get it. It's produce. Don't you just type in a little code and weigh it? I can even tell you how much they are per pound. Just overcharge me. A dollar each. I'll pay a dollar each. You can pocket the profit. But nooooo. So, anyway, I'm sitting here now just imagining how my apple would be tasting right about now.

"There comes a time in everyone's life when all you can see are the years passing by. And I have made up my mind that those days are gone..."

2 comments:

  1. poorbaby didn't get your apples. well u didn't get your late birthday dinner, hug or kiss whichever rofl what happend to u sunday night boy oh by the way parkway is having a gospel meeting



    well anyway my computer is on the blink again u might catch me on yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not feeling very well again Sunday night.

    ReplyDelete