Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Surreal Life / Idol Recap

VH-1 Announces Lineup For Fifth Season Of Surreal Life

Jose Canseco, Omarosa, Bronson Pinchot, AND Pepa (of Salt'n'Pepa). Balki Bartokomous and Pepa! Are you kidding me? This is gonna be great. Hope I remember to watch. VH-1 isn't on my brain's standard list of channels to browse. I mean, it's not like Lifetime or anything. What?

AI: The Final Nine
Ugh, that was not the best American Idol I've seen. I thought Constantine was far and away the best, taking into account vocals, stage presence, and originality. I thought Bo was um, not good, to put it nicely. (Sorry, Kerry.) I hope he wins, but that just wasn't his thing. He kinda sounded like someone with a cold. Of course, with last night's theme, most of them looked about as comfortable as George Bush at a peace rally. (I can't let Simon out-analogy me, although I find myself agreeing with him more and more.) Anwar has started out flat like three weeks in a row now. He's slipping. Carrie sang well, but I thought she was a distant second last night. Sometimes she seems almost too mechanical and needs to show more personality, if she has any. Last night, she reminded exactly me of the girl who played Miss Rhode Island on an episode of Seinfeld. Jerry dates Miss Rhode Island and her talent is magic, but Jerry pours water on her birds and kills them, so she has to scrap her magic act and try to sing. That's all I could think of while Carrie was out there.

And what was the deal with Paula? Was she high or something? Every freakin' song was not a once-in-a-lifetime standing-ovation-demanding performance. And how did I get started watching this show again? Oh, that's right. Jessica Sierra. *sigh*

My top eight: (I didn't see Scott, so I can't rank him.)
Constantine
Carrie
Vonzell
Nadia
Bo
Nikko
Anwar
Anthony

"It's the simple things in life, like the kids at home and a loving wife, that you miss the most, when you lose control..."

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Thats your first "what" in awhile ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can you say Constantine is the best HE SUCKS!!! What is it with his hair and same for Bo, must be the age thing, they are still stuck in the 80's. Carrie is by far the best and she will definitely win =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just thought he was the best last night, not overall. Apparently, the teenage girls like the long hair.

    ReplyDelete