Saturday, March 26, 2005

I'm all in

It just feels good to say that, even when you're only playing for chips, or maybe especially when you're only playing for chips. Well, I participated in, and won, my first live game of No Limit Texas Hold 'Em last night. We played while watching the NCAAs. After the last remaining female player, an experienced Annie Duke type, was eliminated, it came down to me and Earlyfold McBidlow, an ultra-conservative player who requires lots of patience to defeat. I was able to push him around with a big stack, but he came back from the dead twice, winning two rather small all-ins, before finally bowing out on the third. It was a lot of fun. It is neat just trying to get a read on other players and recognizing almost immediately sometimes when you make a mistake, bidding too low or staying in too long or whatever. I guess watching all that World Series of Poker and Tilt on ESPN finally paid off. There's something very invigorating, almost liberating, about going all in. It's a little mini-rush.

Shot a little pool for the first time in about a week. Ended up getting home a little before 1:00. Had a bad dream last night. I don't know if I was in Iraq or if it was over here. Wherever it was, Saddam Hussein was trying to kill me, and everyone else. Well, we were calling him Uday, but it looked exactly like Saddam. It was like you couldn't get away no matter where you went. I was glad I woke up.

Oh yeah, I was gonna tell you about my bad dream. Well, I dreamed that I woke up one day and went to get gas, and it had gone up to like $2.20 a gallon. Whew! Man, I hate dreams like that.

Oh, I'm at work today, by the way, until 1:00. Hope everyone has a Happy Bunny Day!

Dialogue
"So, if you called a girl and she was at work, would you expect her to call you back when she got off?"
"I've never called a girl."
"Me either."

"What would you think if a girl called you at work? Would you think she was needy?"
"I'd be excited!"
"Yeah, but come on, these aren't exactly the world's most renowned relationship experts you're talking to here."

"As we are dancing, Mary's wrappin' her arms around me. I can feel the sting of summer on my skin. In the midst of the music, I tell her I love her. We both laugh, cos we know it isn't true..."

No comments:

Post a Comment