Thursday, April 15, 2004

Trampoline Tragedies

Blogging for reasons you just wouldn't understand...

I've been meaning to blog about this, but just now getting around to it. When entering Shane's neighborhood Saturday, I noticed a trampoline that was like enclosed with a vinyl and net wall. Odd, I thought. Then, I saw another, then another. We never had these when I was growing up. Are kids flying off of trampolines at such an alarming rate that this invention became necessary? I don't remember hearing of any trampoline tragedies in the news. To me, half the fun of jumping on a trampoline was getting caught up in the springs once in awhile and pinching the fire out of your arm or leg, or banging your head against that rail. I say let 'em jump high and land straddling that steel rail once or twice. You'll see some real careful kids after that. They'll stay in the middle. What's next, safety nets underneath swing sets? Life preservers in the little one-foot deep plastic pools? I think sometimes we're being a little overprotective. Can you imagine growing up and never having to have stitches or a cool cast for all your friends to sign? Well, I digress.. or somethin'.

Well, yesterday was good. Napped for a bit. Went running. Went to Bible study. Shot pool after that. Belle was there, so no charge for my tea. What a sweetie. I did oversleep a bit yesterday. Someone suggested I might need a rooster. That made me think of the Seinfeld when Kramer got a rooster and kept it in his apartment, and named it Little Jerry Seinfeld. ROFL

"Little Jerry Seinfeld. I named my chicken after you."
"Thanks. That's very sweet, but that is not a chicken."
"Of course it is. I picked it out myself."
"Well, you picked out a rooster."
"Well that would explain Little Jerry's poor egg production."

I love when Kramer picks the rooster up and looks at its bottom. ROFL

Paid my taxes today. I owed on federal, getting a refund from the state. Don't you just LOVE sending money to the federal government?

"If you're gone, maybe it's time to come home. There's an awful lot of breathing room, but I can't hardly move. Yeah, if you're gone, maybe you need to come home. Come home. There's a little bit of something me, in everything in you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment