Thursday, April 08, 2004

Blogger's Block

Does anyone else ever experience this? That brings to mind the question: Do I blog because I feel the need to say something, or do I just say something because I feel the need to blog? Ponder away, my fellow Platos.

The plan for today: Go by the bank after work. Go get a haircut ("We go get our hair cut every few weeks our entire lives, then wake up one day when we're forty and wonder what happened to all our hair.") Go running. I also have to do some birthday shopping tonight, at least get a card. That's not a whole lot. Surely I can manage those four things tonight. For your entertainment, we now present the latest edition of More About Bone Than You Wanted To Know.

When I was a kid, Chuck Taylor and I used to line up six buckets, cans, pails, whatever, and play our own homemade version of Bozo's Grand Prize Game. I don't remember if we used a tennis ball or if we had a real ping pong ball or what. Whoever wasn't playing would make up the prizes for each bucket... Archway Cookies, a new Schwinn bike, and of course, in the sixth bucket a crisp, new fifty dollar bill (I think they changed it to a hundred in my later years). lol And that's More About Bone Than You Wanted To Know.

That reminds me of some lines from The Fire:
"I mean, Bozo the Clown...does he really need "the clown" in his title, Bozo, the clown? Are we going to confuse him with Bozo the district attorney? Bozo the pope? There's no other Bozo"

"Me, forget it? You should forget it! You're livin' in the past, man! You're hung up on some clown from the sixties, man!"
"Alright, very good, very good. Go fold your little balloon animals, Eric. Eric! What kind of name is that for a clown, huh?" WOOOOOOOOO!!!

"But you've had this lesson coming for so very long. Our sins all have a way of coming home. Someone had to teach you. I didn't have the heart to, hurt you just like you'd been hurting me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment