Saturday, April 24, 2004

Saturday In The Park

That's what I'm thinking about doing today, going to Wilson Morgan. running or hitting some tennis, or both. Lots of people and good "atmosphere" in the park on a pretty Saturday afternoon in the Spring ;-)

Crashed out about 5:00 yesterday. I meant to take about an hour nap. It ended up being a two-and-a-half hour semi-coma sleep marathon. I guess that's what a combined 8.5 hours sleep over two nights will do for you. Woke up this morning thinking I was late for church. Then I realized it was Saturday, and I had a little time before I had to be at work. On the way in this morning, I got behind a nice 11 car train, being paced by a red Jeep Cherokee, smoking the pavement at around 35-40 mph. Aarrrggh!

I almost forgot about this... Some lady pulled up in the parking lot yesterday as I was about to go to the store. She was like, "Is this a radio station?" I said, "Yeah. You wouldn't know it to look at it would you?" Looks more like something you'd see in Waco or Ruby Ridge. What?

I'm working on ranking my top twenty Seinfeld episodes ever, and maybe counting them down one a day on the blog, with a few lines and maybe a quote or two from each one. Wow, my life is sooo exciting sometimes. It's like a non-stop game of dredel. "Courtney Cox, I love you. You're so hot, on that show." LOL

Something kinda interesting did happen at church the other night. Someone walked in towards the end of the service and was asking if anyone had a few dollars for gas. I'm sure many of you have been in similar situations. What do you do? I say, give. If you have it, give to those in need. I know some people will be like, oh they're probably only gonna use it for cigarettes or alcohol or something. But that's their problem. What if they really do need it? As an individual, there's no rule that says you must do a background check on someone who asks you for something. I hate this "what's mine is mine attitude." The way I look at it, what's mine is what God has allowed me to have, and I feel like I am supposed to help others anyway I can. Not to say I always do that. I don't. But I'm trying to get better. That's the attitude I feel I SHOULD have. And that's also not to say just throwing money at someone is all you should do, but that's another story.

"I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons. Finally content with a past I regret..... I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long. I'm movin' on..."

No comments:

Post a Comment