Friday, April 23, 2004

Corey Deuel, Gallagher, and Me

If you are still in therapy because Opryland closed down, then this blog's for you...

No Friday Five again this week. I started to do one from last year, but then I decided against it. Such is the advantage of being single and living under an autocracy:-) Well, had dinner at the steak house last night. Saw too many people I knew. lol Ran into Dwight and Barbara up there. They said Alison had gotten married Saturday. I was asking about Jonathan and Barbara said, "He's got some girl chasing him." So naturally, when I left, I had to call and find out about that. Turns out that Misty called him out of the blue a few months ago! They went out like in 1991! Wow. I probably couldn't remember any girl I dated that long ago... or could.. whichever.

Went to Decatur and shot a few games of pool after that. As usual, I was looking like Cory Deuel out there. Wasn't playing like him, just looking like him. OK, I wasn't even looking like him. I don't really resemble any billiards players. I don't think there are any taut, slender Swedish players. What?

Went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few groceries. I am all over the place during grocery shopping. I don't have a list, so I go from the back to the front to the back over and over. Just when I think I'm about done, I'll remember something I need and it'll be all the way on the other end of the store. Then I can't decide on cereal--Count Chocula, Frankenberry, or Boo Berry? I mean, who can pick? It's like picking your favorite Charlie's Angel or something.

The phone won't quit today. It is driving me absolutely insane. One of two things is going to happen. Either I'm going to go Gallagher on the phone and smash it into a million tiny pieces, or... hmm. Nope, turns out there was only one choice after all. WOOOOOO!!

Saw a disturbing sticker on a vehicle I was behind at a stop sign this morning. It said ASCCA (Alabama's Special Camp for Children & Adults). Hmm. Sound strange to anyone besides me? Reminds me of another organization whose name escapes me at the present time. What?

Quote of the day: "That boy should just come out of the closet and get it over with." ROFL THAT was funny. Just because someone is single, about 35 years old, well-tanned, uses multiple hair styling products, does little or no manual labor, and is a bit fastidious doesn't mean... Hmm. Where was I going with this? lol

Oh, by the way, I decided on the Frankenberry ;-) Have a great weekend e'erbody!

"Paint me a Birmingham. Make it look just the way I planned. A little house on the edge of town. Porch goin' all the way around. Put her there in the front yard swing. Cotton dress. Make it early Spring. For awhile she'll be mine again, if you can paint me a Birmingham..."

No comments:

Post a Comment