Friday, May 06, 2005

Nocturnal Phantasm #505A

Nothing like a little nocturnal phun to kick off your Friday. Last night I dreamed...

I was planning a trip to New York with one of my friends, so I had purchased two plane tickets. Well, I needed a ride to the airport, so I was trying to get Dad to take me, but for some reason, he was in a very ornery mood. He said he had run out of medication, so that's why he was acting that way. Anyway, before I even left for the airport, I called my friend, and he said that he wasn't going. So basically I have wasted money on these two tickets. Anyway, he said even though he said he would go, he never knew that the plans were finalized for sure, even though I told him I would buy the tickets. So he had made other plans. At this point, I decided to call and see if I could get at least a partial refund. They told me they could give me all but sixty dollars back, but I'd have to turn the tickets in before the flight left. It was at this point that I decided to call a female friend of mine to see if she wanted to go. She was up for it, but by this time, we only had 45 minutes to pack and get to the airport, and neither of us were packed. So I went on to the airport to try and get some of my money back. Shortly after I arrived, everyone began to sit down on the floor against the wall in a tornado drill position. Best I could understand, there were four planes landing within seconds of each other, and it was feared that one of them might crash into the airport. Anyway, all of the planes landed safely, except one small plane which rolled up onto its nose as it came to a stop. Then out of nowhere, various-sized projectiles suddenly streaked across the sky and landed in the distance. Everyone was like, "What was that?" Then a voice could be heard saying that it was a third-world country firing back all the bombs and missiles our government had dropped on them over the years. Weird. Why are dreams like that?

"And when you find, you're spending your time wanting for words, but never speak. You tell yourself that the things you need come slow, but inside you just don't know..."

No comments:

Post a Comment