Monday, May 09, 2005

Me & Pablo Picasso

I gotta stop watching Doggie Fizzle Televizzle
Let me preface this by saying I sometimes talk in my head or to myself putting -izzle on the end of various words. Know what I'm sayin'? Well, we ended up having Mother's Day supper last night, and I get up to go to the fridge and pour myself some more sweet tea. There is a yellow pitcher in there, so completely unintentionally, I ask, "Is this the tizzle?" Well, my sister completely lost it. She had just taken a sip of Mountain Dew the instant before I said that, and it was all she could do to keep from spewing it all over the table like Mount Saint Helens. I think it just caught her off guard because I never talk like that around them, or anyone really. Mom, on the other hand, had no idea what in the world I was talking about. Her back was to me, so she was like, "I guess. What is the tizzle?" For me, it was one of those, 'did I just say that out loud' moments? I seem to have those more and more often.

Fish v.2.0 Betta
OK, here's my fish story. I went to buy Mom a Betta Friday night. I got a little one gallon aquarium for it and all the accessories. Well, by Saturday night, I had become attached to the little guy. So I decided to go back Saturday night, get Mom another one, and keep the first one for myself. I named him Pablo Picasso. Why? Because he has no ears. Well, not that are easily visible anyway. And because I wanted him to have a first and a last name. Why should we limit our pets to first names only? Have a dog? Doesn't Rover Higginbotham sound better than just Rover? A cat? Try Whiskers McNeely. It really sets your pets apart, plus you look much smarter to your neighbors when you're out in the yard calling them. Pretty soon, it will catch on and everyone will be doing it, just like eating a candy bar with a fork.

Oh, my other fish story, which I should probably keep to myself but I'll go ahead and tell anyway. I mean, let's face it, any notion you may have once had that I was cool and hip has more than likely been destroyed by now anyway. So I was lying on my bed doing some leg raises, like I'm on my side and I raise one leg up and down about 40 or 50 times. Well, after a little bit, I noticed Pablo Picasso would go crazy as long as my legs were moving. Then whenever I would stop, he would calm down. I wonder what that was about. Maybe he has some sort of depth perception problem or something. Or maybe the motion was just making him nervous or excited. Then I thought maybe some cat burglar had broken in and was coming up behind me and Pablo was trying to warn me, but no, that wasn't it, either.

Misplaced internal organs
I had called Jonathan Friday to try and get up a poker game this weekend. He had some exciting news. He had an appendectomy last Sunday. I guess I need to call my friends more often. Oops. He said his appendix was directly below his belly button rather than on his right side. I found that slightly disturbing. So anyway, he's out of work for awhile, can't do any heavy lifting for six weeks or whatever. He said he wasn't supposed to drive, either. My main prevailing thought was only, "So are you out for poker this week or not?"

The rest of the weekend was mostly uneventful. I enjoyed the first part of the Elvis miniseries thing on CBS last night. Why do I find that stuff so fascinating? It is going to be quite the quandary Tuesday night, if they air that during American Idol. George is gonna be upset! Went running after work Friday. Had dinner at Logan's. After work Saturday, went and played some tennis. Got a good bit of sun this weekend, which is good, I guess.

Celebrity sightings for the weekend...
Terry Bradshaw @ Logan's Friday night
Pam Dawber (Mork & Mindy) and Dennis Miller @ Macaroni Grill Saturday night

Happy Monday. I can't wait to get home and talk to play with Pablo Picasso!

"They said he was the devil, dressed in gold leme, the way he shook his hips up there on the stage. But before that fateful day he left Tennessee, all of them were calling him the king. Things change."

2 comments:

  1. I had a celebrity sighting over the weekend too. I met Mark Harmon here in OKC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Well, you got me beat. Mine were all just celebrity look-alikes :-\

    ReplyDelete