Friday, May 06, 2005

5-year reunion

That's what it felt like at Applebee's yesterday. Rainbow Brite was up there, then Emily came in, all while we sat with Donna. Tag and Tracy also came in, so it was kinda like an LMV mini-reunion as well. I actually hadn't eaten there in about a month. They have some new menu items, so I tried the paremsan shrimp steak entree. It came out raw, but after they cooked it some more, it was good, and since it took awhile, it was also half price. Some things never change...

"Freeze Frame" came on the Muzak service while we were in there, so I was obviously getting excited. This ensued:
"Oh man, Freeze Frame!"
"Uh huh, but do you know who sings it?"
"J. Geils Band."
"That's right."
"I have the cassette."
"Well, I have the album."
"Oh wow. I think you just trumped me."

We were also talking about Mother's Day gifts. I suggested a lovely Betta fish, with tank and colorful rocks. Apparently, no one else thought that was a good idea. A Betta can provide life and color to an entire room, plus companionship for weeks and months to come.

I went running yesterday. My knee started hurting pretty bad, so I only ran two miles, then walked another. Here's an interesting situation: Two hotties were approaching me on the track. As they passed, they both said, "Hey." For some reason, I was really nervous as they approached, and the best I could muster was an almost below my breath "hey", which probably came out sounding more like a trademark Napoleon Dynamite heavy sigh. Shortly afterward, two slightly obese ladies passed me, and I had no problem saying hey to them. What's up with that?

The Booty called last night. Sounds like things are going well in Virginia. We really need to fly up there to see her this summer. Notice I said fly, and not drive. There's nothing quite like a 12-hour drive in the back of an overheating 1987 Pontiac Sunbird, with knees to chest, feeling like I'm in a Gemini space capsule.

On another random note, my sister and her husband bought a boat this week. So, perhaps I'll be invited to go out on the lake with them at some point. One would hope, at least.

Well, another weekend is upon us! I'm sure it will be filled with excitement... or hold very little excitement. Whichever. I just want to wish all the mothers out there a very Happy Mothers Day Sunday. Be sure to let your Mom know how much you love and appreciate her. I'll leave you today with the immortal words of the great Vanilla Ice... word to ya mothers.

"Now I'm looking at a flashback Sunday, zoom lens feeling just won't disappear. Close up, dark room, sweet talk in my ear..."

No comments:

Post a Comment