Friday, February 11, 2005

Could this be my year?

There's something in the air, my friends. After last night's activities, I stopped by Wal-Mart kinda late. Walking thru the parking lot, I glanced down and what to my wondering eyes should appear but a shiny new Alexander Hamilton. That's right, boys and girls, a $10 bill. I looked around to make sure it wasn't some kind of a joke, picked it up and stuck it in my pocket. Daddy needs a quarter-tank of gas!

Then this morning, sleepy-eyed and on four hours sleep, I heard "Ice Ice Baby" on the radio. On the radio! That just doesn't happen everyday. Boo-yah! (<---hip, cool phrase.. don't concern yourself with it)

Finally, I'm surfing Blog Explosion a few minutes ago and I win 25 bonus credits. Woohoo! I can't imagine things getting much better. Of course, I don't have a date for Valentine's Day (that can always be considered a blessing though) and no big plans for my birthday. But the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if all that changed. Or I'd be very surprised, astounded, and shocked beyond coherence. Whichever.

If I had to guess, I'd say that I'll probably head up to Nashville at some point this weekend.

I'm reminded of a couple of Seinfeld lines...
(from The Red Dot)
Elaine: "No, today's YOUR lucky day."
George: "It'd be my first one."

(from The Betrayal)
George: "Ahh, this is the kind of day that almost makes you feel good to be alive."
Jerry: "Almost."

"Fifteen, there's still time for you. Twenty-two, I feel her, too. Thirty-three, you're on your way. Every day's a new day..."

No comments:

Post a Comment