Friday, January 21, 2005

Destination: Cincinnati

Why is there no apple gum? It's always sour apple. Why do they have to throw the sour in there? Do they think we can't handle straight apple? And why is there no grape pie? There's grape jam, grape gum, grape soda, grape ape... but no grape pie.

Remember the Laugh Olympics cartoon? That was one of my favorites. The Yogis, the Rottens, and I can't remember the other team.

Is anybody goin' to Ohio?
Got some pleasant news last night. My sister got a coupon book or something from her job, and it had in there a deal for 50% off up to four tickets to a Reds game, and also 50% off several hotels in Cincinnati. So she called to ask if I'd be interested. Of course, I said I was. I have wanted to go to a Reds game for the past two or three years. Now maybe I'll finally get to. The only catch is that it's for "selected games only." So, I'll have to see what those are, but who cares, I can take some vacation time if they're not on the weekend.

In other news...
Johnathan and I went to the county basketball tournament last night. Yes, yes, it's a major event I know, kinda like crusing around the Texaco and the Food World parking lot are major social activities here :-) I ran into Amanda up there, and also saw an uncle and two cousins. Don't you love small towns? When I got home, Chef Michelino fixed his pork & shrimp fried rice dish. Exquisite. I'm telling you, the guy is a culinary genius! Then, I watched "You've Got Mail," again, because it was on TBS, again. Don't cry, Shopgirl... don't cry.

Sorry these entries aren't more exciting, but they ARE based on my life, so what do you expect?

"When the rain is blowing in your face, and the whole world is on your case, I would offer you a warm embrace, to make you feel my love..."

No comments:

Post a Comment