Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Three Word Wednesday #8

Each week, I will post three (or more) random words. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write something using all of those words. It can be a few lines, a story, a poem, anything. Don't spend too much time on it. It doesn't have to be perfect. The idea is to let your mind wander and write what it will. I'll also write something using the same three words.

Be sure to leave a comment if you participate.

This week's words are:
paint
glow
floating


She was like a fresh coat of paint. Shiny and new. A curiosity. But dangerous if inhaled too deeply or for too long. Still, I breathed in. And breathed. And breathed. Hypnotized by her glow. Not caring about the consequences.

There were times I was so high, it felt as if I were floating. But paint dries. It fades. Cracks begin to show. It starts to peel. Revealing layers and holes. I covered them at first. But then there were too many. The intoxicating aroma lost its effect on me. And one night, I came crashing down. Gasping for fresh air.

Funny thing about paint. It's been around seemingly since the beginning of time. And yet, when it's new, we find it almost impossible not to inhale.

"All of my friends, they tried to tell me, what and what not to do. It took a while for them to sell me, but finally they got thru..."

15 comments:

  1. Decided to write about an inanimate object this week. Check out the personifications on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's something to think on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bone, I think this is my favorite thing of yours ever


    will be more specific tomorrow or someday

    but love every word

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was pretty fantastic, fucking fantastic if you will.

    (I haven't used that in awhile, figured I'd bring it back)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dorothy: And I'm back on relationships. Again.

    Thanks for participating.

    Ms. Sizzle: Is that a good thing? :-)

    Pia: You know I can't take a compliment like that well. So I'll just say think you. And, really?

    Heather B: Ah, you're bringing fantasic back! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this....and it's so true :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this paragraph is particularly beautiful
    here were times I was so high, it felt as if I were floating. But paint dries. It fades. Cracks begin to show. It starts to peel. Revealing layers and holes. I covered them at first. But then there were too many. The intoxicating aroma lost its effect on me. And one night, I came crashing down. Gasping for fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is pretty cool.
    I loved this part.
    A curiosity. But dangerous if inhaled too deeply or for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. RedNeckGirl: Thanks. It felt like a bit of a stretch. I'm glad it came across and made sense.

    HotPinkSox: Thank you. How are things in Crushville? ;-)

    Genie: Thanks. If only I could string a few thousand of those together :-)

    Linda: Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Wednesday at Bone's.

    I really do need to start trying this myself...and not just reading yours, sitting back and thinking...clever man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked that this one was totally different than the others, Bone: nice work.

    I'm in agreement Buffy. At least once. I'm swear I'm going to do it at least once.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Renee: Really? Well, that's OK. I have a few more ideas in my hopper. Like one that could very well put an end to maritime oil spills."

    Just don't test it on George's boss' head. You could end up with a law suit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bone this really is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Buffy: Thank you. That's very kind. You write wonderfully.

    Traveling Chica: Thanks, Chica. I would love for you to try it one week.

    Renee: Wanna see me make my bellybutton talk?

    OCG: Thank you.

    ReplyDelete