Sunday, October 31, 2004

Happy Halloween

Here's the Seinfeld Halloween bit. Enjoy.

10-4, over and out
This one will definitely appear in the Friday Flashback some day. Went up to Logan's Friday night and seated with some unknown server. So Shanna walks by and I'm like, "You didn't wanna serve us?" So she promptly pulls the other girl aside, comes back to our table, and is like, "OK, you got me now." So that was cool. Then, IT happens as we're leaving. She's sitting at the rail eating, all by herself, and she's turned around waving to us. So Kyle is ahead of me, and as he gets to the door he gives her a military style salute, then turns and walks out the door. So when I see her, she is laughing and still waving, so I wave and walk outside, where K is asking himself what on Earth prompted him to salute her. lol It was quite funny. So, bottom line, if you want to let a girl know you're interested, put two fingers to your forehead and salute. That's the official new "hottie salute."

Long Day
Went to the large metropolis of Phil Campbell to help LMV film a high school band competition Saturday. I tell you, there's nothing I like more than listening to a good high school band... or nothing I like less. Whichever. Really, though, it wasn't too bad. Being around those kids and overhearing conversations and such made me realize, high school is definitely one of the best times in life, unless you're like an outcast or something. Enjoy it while you can. Shane brought Sarah, Paul, and Jenna down from Nashville. Sarah had never seen any cotton before. Well, I'm sure she saw a lot yesterday. There was a hottie working one of the vendor booths, but I was unable to ever find a chance to talk to her, even though her booth was only about fifteen feet from ours. These little kids were trying to peddle some cheeseburgers to Tag, Kyle, and me. I was like, "Did you cook them?" She was like, "No, we bought them at McDonald's." I'm thinking, "Well, you're mother is really cute and all, but no way I'm buying a McDonald's cheeseburger for $2. Got back here around 10:00, then we all decided to eat at Logan's. Sat with Bizarro Shane. Boy, it was really bizarre seeing Bizarro Shane take Shane's order. It was like worlds collided or something.

Paperback Writer
Tomorrow's the day. The start of National Novel Writing Month. 50,000 words in 30 days. I still have no idea. Maybe I'll dream something tonight. Or I can be the first person ever who fails to reach 100 words.

Weekend funnies
"You can't just start going to a restaurant, sit with the same chick two or three times, and then ask her out. That's unheard of."

"Look, that one has a solid rocket booster."

"Why can't we remember her name?"
"Probably because she wasn't that good-looking."

"Dear sir or madam, will you read my book? It took me years to write it, will you take a look? It's based on a novel by a man named Lear, and I need a job, so I want to be a paperback writer..."

No comments:

Post a Comment