Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Blue Colored Glasses

For some reason this morning, I read a little bit of my old Angelfire blog. Check it out when you have a little free time. Wow, those were the early days. It's kinda like looking at Michelangelo's first finger-painting... or nothing at all like that.

Free pool on Sunday
Well, I think I can sum up the Nashville trip Sunday with this bit of prose from a little known, 21st century writer:
Hotties, hotties, everywhere
Hotties, hotties, I just stare
Hotties, hotties, everywhere
Say a word? I don't dare.

It was good to see S & M though, and to eat at Famous Dave's. One rather humorous moment occurred when I picked up a picture frame and there was a baby's picture in it that had come with the frame. I was like, "Wow, those ultrasounds are really advanced these days."

Yes, I'm in therapy
Well, I had my physical therapy yesterday. For some reason, they made me pay like $200 at the hospital before I even went to therapy because I hadn't met my deductible for the year. I've never really heard of paying like that. I guess the therapy went OK. The therapist was cute, so that's all that really matters, right?

Went to Wal-Mart yesterday. Bought a clock and forty-plus dollars worth of other stuff I didn't need. The clock has an extremely bright blue display. It illuminates the whole room. Plus, for about five or six hours after I leave, everything I see has a blue tint to it. But I'm sure that's normal.

Last night, we went to eat at the steak house. I watched Listen Up! Last night's ep was my favorite so far. Dennis Rodman guested. A couple of memorable lines:
"Loser, huh? Oh yeah? Well at least I'm not driving around in some ugly old... Ferrari."
"So because, to you, operating a cell phone is like piloting the space shuttle, it's my fault you had a wreck?"

Not-lanta
And the Braves lost again. What a shock. For some reason, I thought they might win the first series, since Houston had never won a playoff series in the entire history of their team. Look, you can't throw Jaret Wright out there against Roger Clemens in Game One and expect good things to happen. I don't care what kind of season he's had. You've got to have a better ace than that. Of course my team didn't even make the playoffs, so, you know. I'm pulling for the Yankees, though. They're my second favorite.

You're not supposed to be here, John Conlee
More weird dreams last night. I dreamed I was somewhere around this big indoor pool. There were a couple of people I went to high school with there. Then John Conlee comes hurtling towards the water and swan dives a couple of times. Amazingly, there was very little splash. So then I tried talking to him about his songs, but he seemed put off by that and starting avoiding me. I have no idea where that dream came from.

They really said it
"Girls just go thru phases. (short pause). I guess. (short pause) I really don't know anything about them."

"Oh, I heard Howard Stern talking about it... and I've seen a few of their videos."

"There's a red Mary Kay car... from Ohio... with a guy driving?"

"She said, if this is how it's gonna be then I quit. When she walked out the door, I lost it. No one can make me cry, make me laugh, make me smile, or drive me mad like she does..."

2 comments:

  1. Yep. It's on! Go Yankees!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know at least two people from Missouri read my blog. I wonder if they're Cardinals fans, or couldn't care less?

    ReplyDelete