Sunday, September 12, 2004

Land of the Living

Like a lot of bloggers, I didn't really blog yesterday. Just a mention, a few words, and that's it. I think it's kinda nice. When I think about that day, it just seems right to put the usual meaningless minutiae on hold. But I think it's nice, whatever way you have to remember and show respect. At the Alabama game yesterday, rather than running onto the field jumping up and down and yelling, the Bama players walked out, single-file, with their helmets off.

So yes, I did go to the Bama game last night. Felt like I was back in the world again. Yes, I was hobbling and a bit slow, but I did not have too much pain, so I'm thankful for that. Kim and I went. She drove and she was very patient with me. We sat next to these people from Ripley, Tennessee, who apparently had bought Jack's tickets off Ebay. It's funny the things I notice now. I noticed at least 4 or 5 people with some type of cast or brace on their ankle/foot at the game. I never would have noticed that if I hadn't been injured. Bama won the game 28-7. Our defense was in control pretty much the whole game. Looks like Ole Miss may be in for a down year, but it's still nice to be 2-0. We got in about 2:00 AM.

On the way home, we stopped at a store to use the bathroom, which is where I noticed the following blogworthy item. There was a vending machine on the wall, which I'm sure many of you have seen before in public restrooms. For seventy-five cents, you could purchase various prophylactics and other paraphernalia. OK, that's nothing new, I know. But the sign on the machine said, "Family Planning Center." What? Well, you could go in many different directions with this. But I'm thinking, if that is the extent of your family planning information, well, maybe that's the problem. Always sharing those daily items that I find humorous with you. I tell you what else is funny, the second I saw it, my first thought was "That's going in the blog." My, how the blog has changed my whole thought process.

Heard this Wilson Phillips gem today, and it made me think of someone who is most likely soaking up the rays in FLA...

"Someday somebody's gonna make you wanna turn around and say goodbye. Until then, baby, are you going to let them hold you down and make you cry?"

No comments:

Post a Comment