Friday, September 23, 2005

Casa de Bone

Today is Jason Alexander's birthday. In honor, I thought I would share one of my favorite George Costanza quotes: "If you take everything I've done in my entire life, and condense it down into one day, it looks decent!" Amen, brutha!

This will be a light-hearted post for a Friday, sort of a return to the blog about nothing. First some pics of my new abode:




1. Sorta looks like Jerry's apartment from the outside. If it were a few stories taller. Maybe?
2. You know the stairs are my favorite part. Wonder what's upstairs?
3. Like my pink kitchen countertops? Not all that conducive to the bachelor atmosphere.
4. And a fenced in patio. To keep kids in. Or out. Most days this area will be filled with girls and a grill. Ideally.

I love it here! Absolutely. Have yet to hear a child scream or anyone yell or see any blue lights anywhere. I know it's not even been a week, but who knew such a place existed! Went over to the old place last night to box up a few more things. We are planning to finish up there Sunday. Jonathan and my sister are signed up to help, so far. I was driving thru town the other day and I was thinking, I do love my new place. And while it totally feels like home, this town will never be my hometown. That will always be the town where I lived from the time I was five until this past Sunday. Make sense?

Went running yesterday (Lass), even if it was a short one. I have to find a new place to run around here. There's one nice park, but it's extremely hilly and I think running there is what made my knee hurt so bad a few months ago, because I used to go by there right after work. Also played some tennis. Went to a football game tonight. Going to the Bama game tomorrow. I think I'm going to try and schedule another massage for next week. This moving hasn't been good for my back. I'm sure ;-)

And now it's time for everyone's favorite feature...

You had to be there
"Of course he probably thinks I'm way to young for him."
"I don't think any guy has ever thought that. Ever."

"Is the sun bothering you?"
"No, that's just the way I serve."

"Now I just have to find a girlfriend to do it for free."

"Ooo, General Hospital is on!"
"Please tell me you're joking."
"I can tell you I'm joking, or I can be truthful. Are you telling me you don't love Luke and Laura, and Sonny and Carly, and Alan and Monica, and Jason, and Lucky, and Nicholas, and Emily, and Elizabeth?"

In closing...
Changing a bit from the light-hearted mood of this entry, Xinh emailed me this today. It's really a sad day in America when kids today have to be ashamed of their parents...

Little Johnny was in his 5th grade class when the teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living. All the typical answers came up-- fireman, policeman, salesman, etc. Little Johnny was being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father.

"My father's an exotic dancer in a gay cabaret and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offer's really good, he'll go out to the alley with some guy and make love with him for money."

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other children to work on some coloring, and took Little Johnny aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?"

"No," said Little Johnny. "He coaches Auburn University football, but I was too embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids."

:-) Roll Tide! Have a terrific weekend!

"You got too many bees in your honey. Am I just another word in your page?"

9 comments:

  1. I think the fenced in back patio is a more than perfect place for a hot tub!! Every bachelor pad needs one.

    That joke is a good one! I'd like to substitute Penn State in there for Auburn. God I wish Joe Paterno would retire...and then Penn State would close all it's campuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new place looks fabulous! I'm so glad you like it and that, so far, it's meeting your expectations on a quiet, peaceful place. The patio would be great for a grill! Don't ya just love bbq? :-) I know I do. I've grilled out several times this summer, and plan to yet this winter.

    Is the quote "Now I just have to find a girlfriend to do it for free." about a massage? Boy, I sure hope so. ;-)

    Have fun moving the rest of your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the looks of it too and if you get a bit of peace there it is worth everything. It is so important to feel that you have a safe haven to go home to at some point in the day. I glanced at the kitchen photo and thought that you have the exact same kitchen that I do, except that mine has a grey counter top. I love my apartment too. It is perfect. I wish that I had your patio though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brunette: OK, that's what I'll do. The only metrosexual part.

    Carnealian: Hot tub. Mmmm. I like the sound of that. Cool air. Hot water. It's like Sweden. Sweeeeeden!

    Lass: Ha ha, you called me Bonester :) OK! I'll show you some tennis tips sometime. First thing is, you have to dress cute. This is very important ;-)

    Blonde: Sounds good. Can you bring your pool table?

    Cindy: "Is the quote'"Now I just have to find a girlfriend to do it for free.' about a massage?"

    Yes. It is. What were you thinking?

    I was over at the old place today cleaning up and the kids were outside. Ahhh. Good riddance!

    JC: Absolutely. Home should be a place to rest, relax, and feel comfortable. I love it here. I'll trade countertops with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lass: Yes! That's kinda what I was thinkin' ;-)

    Blonde: Oh, just find a couple of guys to help you load it onto your truck. We'll unload it once you get here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bone- congrats on being in a seemingly kid-free zone... almost as important to the bachelor life as the BBQ, hot tub, pool table... oh yeah and chicks... good luck with all.

    BTW-
    "I think I'm going to try and schedule another massage for next week. This moving hasn't been good for my back."

    I honestly thought you wrote "It moving" instead of “This moving”... I had to double check what you wrote... in the midst of wondering what sort of spa you went to!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, OCG. Love the misread, btw :-) It moving hasn't been good for my back? Hmmm. That would make for an interesting chiropractic visit, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry hon, but you can't have my counter tops. I know that I am a girl, but I am not a pink kind of girl. Never have been. Next question, if you take a short run, how far is it? I really want to know what a short run is in your book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Armaedes: Quote at the end is Poison.

    JC: Well, it was worth a try.

    A short run was 1.5 miles the other night :-)

    ReplyDelete